The thing about living with hard water is that it is costly.
When hard water flows through the pipes in your plumbing systems, the dissolved minerals can combine with the heat, leading to mineral buildup. This accumulation of minerals can damage all of your plumbing fixtures and appliances.
Hard water is rich in magnesium and calcium, but these minerals can be removed through a water softener.
Let’s take a deeper look at water softeners and how they can be used to reduce the hardness of the water.
Why Should You Get a Water Softener?
Hard water can cause a range of problems for your plumbing systems. Calcium and magnesium deposits can react with cleansers, soaps, and detergents, diminishing their cleaning and lathering capability. These mineral deposits can also form difficult-to-clean rings in the sink and bathtub, giving the water an undesirable odor and taste.
Using hard water can also lead to skin problems like rashes since it can affect the skin’s natural pH.
Choosing a Water Softener
How Much Does a Water Softener Cost?
The cost of a water softener can depend on the following factors:
- The size of your home
- Whether you have adequate piping for installation or not
- Whether you’re getting additional features like a UV lamp or a UV disinfection system
What Are the Benefits of Using a Water Softener?
Getting a water softener can:
- Protect your plumbing from scale and mineral buildup
- Maintain the efficiency of your plumbing appliances
- Help you save on gas and electricity bills
- Protect your hair and skin from pH damage
- Help you keep your clothes bright and soft after every wash
What Are the Different Types of Water Softeners?
There are numerous types of water softeners.
- Salt-based ion exchange softener
- Salt-free water softener
- Dual-tank water softeners
- Magnetic water softeners
If you’re unsure which water softener to install in your home, our expert plumbing contractors are here to help.
Our professional plumbing contractors at Action Craft Experts have a decade of experience working for residential and commercial clients and can help you with your complex plumbing needs. We can help you make the most appropriate decisions and provide comprehensive plumbing solutions.
Drop us a message now to learn more about our professional plumbing services.